CRITICAL REFLECTION

Looking back for the past trimester, I had a deeper understanding of the process of crafting a complete proposal. From identifying the problem to finding ways to work towards the goal. Of course, the module was not just on educating me on how to write a report, but also crafting a good thesis statement that could attract the reader’s attention and also paraphrasing / citing from credible sources the proper way to avoid plagiarism.

I have set goals of wanting to speak / write better and exercise more patience before making a comment. In the short period of thirteen weeks, I would not dare to admit that I have improved on my speech nor my writing, but at least now I have the knowledge to craft a complete proposal. As for exercising more patience in listening to others before making a comment, I would say I have grew better in this. This might be due to the overwhelming workload that was given to us, which we need to accomplish many things in a short period of time, that lead me to be more conserved and just follow instructions.

I have learnt that a complete proposal needs a close-ended problem statement, proper research, logical solutions, drawbacks, counter-drawbacks, and conclusion. Everything that was done in the proposal has its reason and every small detail supports each and other. After the final presentation, only did I knew that I had no difficulties in giving a presentation in front of a crowd. I have also learnt not to “passed on the time” to the next presenter, but rather introduce what he is going to present next.

Not knowingly, I have actually learnt quite a lot from this module. However, learning never stops and the best way to learn is always to be out of our comfort zone.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this final reflection, Lok. I applaud your effort at providing a rather detailed reflection for this assignment, with clear insights into aspects of your project and module learning. I have also appreciated your positive attitude toward learning within the module in general.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNIT 2 TASK 4: WRITING A FORMAL EMAIL

PRESENTATION SHOWCASE